We want everyone who visits our website to be able to access the full range of services available, regardless of their skill or technology.
This accessibility statement applies to www.mountsettcrem.co.uk, and all applications and systems that are classed as part of that site.
This website is run by Durham County Council.
How accessible the site is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible.
- 3rd party functionality: areas of the site which are developed by external 3rd party companies
Feedback and contact information
If you have any accessibility problems or feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to contact us about any other issues, please use our contact us page.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Durham County Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Under the Equality Act 2010 we must ensure we do not unlawfully discriminate in our service delivery and make reasonable adjustments for people with disabilities where necessary. We are constantly working to improve the accessibility and usability of our site.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Book of Remembrance
This is 3rd party software that we do not have full control over. We have contacted the company to try and get the issues fixed.
- images: some images do not have an alt tag, failing success criterion 1.1.1
- tables: heading elements are not declared and role=presentation is not used, failing success criterion 1.3.1
- background colours: some text / background colours do not have enough contrast, failing success criterion 1.4.3
- navigation: the system does not have information about its general layout failing success criterion 2.4.5
- outline / border style: the stylesheet makes it difficult to see the dotted link focus outline, failing success criterion 2.4.7
- page language: this is not declared, failing success criterion 3.1.1
- language: some phrases in a different language should are not in a span or div with a lang attribute, failing success criterion 3.1.2
- attributes: some attributes do not have spaces between them, failing success criterion 4.1.1
- forms: some form controls have blank labels or titles, which fails success criterion 4.1.2
- elements: some elements do not contain text or an img with an alt attribute, failing success criteria 2.4.4, 2.4.9 and 4.1.2
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- maps unless they provide core information
How we test the site
This statement was prepared on July 2020. It was last reviewed on 13 July 2021.
We re-assess the code, design and content of a website, application or system for accessibility whenever it undergoes a major modification. We do this internally using a combination of automated and manual checking.
Main site page content is manually checked every time it is updated.