Following the latest national guidance on Coronavirus, we have had to make changes to funerals and cremations. We appreciate this is a very important service and are working closely with funeral directors to ensure as little disruption as possible.
- In line with Government policy, the number of attendees allowed at a service will be restricted to 15, limited to members of the deceased’s household, close family or in their absence, a family friend. Should the bereaved request it, a celebrant of choice may attend.
- By limiting the number of attendees, we are ensuring that a safe distance of at least two metres (six feet) can be maintained between individuals.
- Services will be 45 minutes.
- We will provide web casts (unfortunately live streaming is not possible at this time) free of charge to allow family members to watch services the following day.
- We are working closely with funeral directors on appropriate timings for funerals.
- A weekend service has been introduced with prices for a weekend cremation reduced to a standard rate.
Although anyone who is showing signs of Coronavirus should not attend the service, we will try to help people who are self-isolating due to a possible case of Coronavirus in their household or who are in a clinically vulnerable or shielded group, to attend.
We understand that a loss of a loved one is difficult, but to ensure that we are able to manage our funerals and crematoria at this time, we ask that funerals and cremations are not unduly delayed.
Please contact us if you need further guidance.