Book of Remembrance
The Book of Remembrance building is closed to the public during this time. We apologise for any distress caused. You can still use our online Book of Remembrance.
Following the latest national guidance on Coronavirus, we have had to make changes to funerals and cremations. We appreciate this is a very important service and are working closely with funeral directors to ensure as little disruption as possible.
- In line with Government policy, the number of attendees allowed at a service will be restricted to 15, limited to members of the deceased’s household, close family or in their absence, a family friend. Should the bereaved request it, a celebrant of choice may attend.
- Gatherings outside of our crematoria buildings during the service are not permitted.
- By limiting the number of attendees, we are ensuring that a safe distance of at least two metres (six feet) can be maintained between individuals.
- Services will be 45 minutes.
You must wear a face covering unless you have a valid medical exemption.
- We are working closely with funeral directors on appropriate timings for funerals.
Please do not attend a funeral if you or they are unwell with symptoms of coronavirus, have been instructed by NHS test and trace to self-isolate or have tested positive for Covid-19.
If you or they are self-isolating and / or displaying symptoms of coronavirus, you may only attend the funeral of a close family member and you would need to notify the funeral director or those arranging the funeral so arrangements can be made.
We would advise that anyone self-isolating and / or displaying symptoms of coronavirus think carefully before attending a funeral of a close family member and consider paying their respects in alternative ways such as a web cast which can be provided.
We understand and respect if you wish to attend a funeral of a close relative in these circumstances. However, we would be grateful if you would work with your funeral director so that we can minimise the risk of spreading the virus and help keep everyone safe.
We understand that a loss of a loved one is difficult, but to ensure that we are able to manage our funerals and crematoria at this time, we ask that funerals and cremations are not unduly delayed.
Please contact us if you need further guidance.